July EBBP: La Lotería
Lotería is a Latin game that originated from Mexico game of chance, similar to bingo, but using images on a deck of cards instead of plain numbers on ping pong balls. The deck is composed of a set of 54 different images, each one in a card. This theme allows for an option of 54 different costumes! For July we want to bring the good fun times at bike party where everyone dresses up in costumes rides bikes. Don’t leave your 2nd Friday’s night fun up to chance- Get on your bike and ride!!
WHERE? Meetup at Ashby BART station. Check back shortly for the nearest BART station for the end.
We will post the route map the day before the ride.
WHEN? Always the 2nd Friday of the month: July 10, 2015.
Meetup at 7:30 PM, roll at 8 PM SHARP!
Remember our simple bike party rules! And be sure to spread the good word to friends and fellow riders
- Stay to the Right! NEVER ride opposing traffic, and try to stay right to let cars by on the left side.
- Stop at lights! We don’t cork or blow through intersections.
- Ride straight! Be predictable in riding in a group- EBBP draws hundreds of riders.
- Don’t Hate! Respect everyone at Bike Party, on the streets, and in the neighborhoods we ride in.
- Pack your trash! Obvious. Come on folks!!! If you brought it with you, you can take the trash home with you.
- Don’t get smashed! Stay in control during the ride and the night.
When in doubt… BIKE PARTY! Make some noise, but do be aware of when we are riding late at night through residential neighborhoods. Especially so if you have a speaker or sound system.
EBBP is a self-supported ride. As such, be sure to pump up your tires, have necessary flat repair/tools, bring LIGHTS, LOCKS, and LAYERS!
Interested in volunteering and helping out Bike Party? (we are entirely volunteer run!) Test rides are a great way to plug in. Sign up to be a turn volunteer and guide bike party through the route the night of- find the green flag and the volunteer coordinator to volunteer at a turn.