Princess Toadstool of the Cycle Kingdom has been kidnapped by Bowser, the evil king of the Koopas. Former Bike Mechanics, Mario and Luigi have been sent to rescue her and restore peace to the kingdom. They must make their way over various pothole ridden roads, under overpasses and through various East Bay Downtown locations during their quest. On their journey, they will face a variety of enemies including Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and Bullet Bills, which can be defeated by biking over them or track standing on top of them. At each party stop, the brothers come face to face with A GAME, which most be played before the quest can continue. There are many foes they must face such as Big Wheel riding Buzzy Beetles, Hammer Bros on their 29ers and even Cheep-Cheeps on their Walmart Thrusters; they must maneuver over various obstacles, but luckily for them, Bike Party is stepping up to support the case of a safe Cycle Kingdom for all! The Mario Bros franchise is massive, so do some searching and come through dressed up!
We look forward to a colorful kingdom of cycling characters :)
Cast of Characters:
GAMES GAMES GAMES
- Mini bike jousting
- Mini bike tube tug-o-war
- And mini bike racing!
For these games to go off, we need YOU!
-Fruitvale Bike Station and Spokeland both have used tubes for us so we might be covered but just in case, hold onto those used bike tubes!
-we need mini-bikes! We want to have a proper race so we need four more kids bikes.
-HELMETS WILL BE REQUIRED for participation so make sure to bring those out.
-bike trailers! We need em and people to lug around a few mini bikes each from stop to stop
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- INVITE WISELY: If you’re inviting friends, make sure that they think that safety is sexy & know the Bike Party code.
- PICK UP YOUR TRASH: This one’s simple – if you brought it in or ate/drank it, you pack out the can/wrapper/trash with you.
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteer to take a corner and lead the Bike Party through a turn. Make new friends and help make Bike Party awesome.
- COME PREPARED: This is an unsupported ride. Best to bring: LIGHTS (2 lights keep you safe, and at the very least, the cops away), LAYERS (our weather is crazy, like us), A LOCK (bikes get stolen, even at bike party), PATCH KIT & TOOLS, and FOOD/WATER.
- KNOW THE CODE: If you come out this Friday, this is what the people around you will expect. And you’ll make more friends if you ride safely. Making friends and meeting new people is what this ride is about, after all:
* Stay Right!
* Stop At Lights!
* Ride Straight!
* Don’t Hate!
* Pack Your Trash!
* Don’t Get Smashed!
* When in doubt…Bike Party!
As always: Meet at 7:30pm, roll at 8pm! This month we are meeting at Frank Ogawa Plaza and the closest BART to our end spot is West Oakland. And, here we go!