Grease Bay Bike Party
Friday April 12th, 2013.
Start: Ashby BART 7:30p meet 8:00p rolling – look for “El Arbol” the tree bike.
Regroup: Provo Park (aka Civic Center Park), Berkeley
End: Trumer Pils 10:00pm (North Berkeley BART station)
Bike Party is a monthly ride, every second Friday, for cyclists of all ages and types to take to the streets, ride their bikes, and have a good time. We ride fun and safe, with stops to dance and socialize along the way. Invite a friend or two. Come out and ride!
How We Ride:
– Stop at Lights
– Stay to the Right
– Pack your Trash
– Don’t get Smashed
– Ride Straight
– Don’t Hate!
– When in doubt, BIKE PARTY!
Cycling and Public Transit to and from Bike Party highly encouraged!
East Bay Bike Party, Trumer Pils, Richmond Spokes, East Bay Bicycle Coalition, are teaming up to celebrate the fun in every day bicycling. You’re invited to the after party (*), hosted by Trumer Pils. Pedal powered live music entertainment by Rock The Bike. Drinks and food will be available. The proceeds from Trumer Pils benefit the East Bay Bicycle Coalition.
(*) Entry is free for EBBP cyclists, 21+ to drink. No BYOB or ins and outs – strictly enforced.
Bike lock, lights, and a helmet, are highly recommended.
* Volunteer roll call!
Volunteers at intersections should call out “clear, rolling!” or “stop, car!”
Please see Wilson and Moya between 10-10:30pm for volunteers appreciation food.
We need 21 volunteers for turns,
8 volunteers in shifts to watch the entrance of Trumer Pils for open beverages ins/outs between 10pm-12midnight – these volunteers receive food and drink tickets.
East Bay Bike Coalition is handling all beer, ID carding, etc.
The front of the ride is the tall tree bike.
The rear sweep of the ride is the rider with the magic broom. She will have turn sheets if you get stuck and fall off the ride but cannot provide assistance with mechanicals. We ride past Downtown Berkeley BART and North Berkeley BART.
Meet 7:30pm ASHBY BART
Arrive 8:30pm REGROUP *: Civic Center Park (aka Provo Park by Berkeley High)
Thank you sound bikes
Arrive 10:00pm AFTER PARTY *: Trumer Pils
– Please enter with bike on 4th St., bring lock to use self serve racks.
– No outside beverages allowed at Trumer Pils, no ins and outs, sorry. Strictly enforced.
– Food by Blue Saigon, Annakoot, Hot Bike!
– Drinks by Trumer Pils, proceeds benefit East Bay Bike Coalition. Bring ID, cash.
– Live entertainment by aerialist Shredder, The Genie
– Participate in the “Dance with Lance!” Pedal power the 6,000 watt sound stage!
– The event is free and open to all EBBP cyclists, 21+ to drink.
– Look for Nina and her rad volunteers rounding up containers for recycling at entrance as any outside beverages are not allowed in Trumer Pils.
Thank you East Bay Bike Party, East Bay Bike Coalition, Oakland Spokes, Trumer Pils, and last but not least, the volunteers who organize this event and make this monthly ride happen.